Meet Our Founder Chad Hespell
Chad Hespell is a growth minded entrepreneur, internationally certified executive coach, and CEO and founder of Conditions for Growth. He has a passion for empowering and transforming people and organizations by using strategic facilitation, coaching, training, and technology to more quickly fill the gap between where they are and where they want to be. He believes that the right mindset, strategies, and technology must be in place to bring about accelerated, long-term change and ultimately bring out the best in people and organizations.
Chad believes the world’s toughest problems can be solved with the help of a compelling, bold vision; creative, passionate people; and innovative technology. He has always been driven to think big and work for causes that have a positive impact in the world. He was a Peace Corps volunteer in Central Europe, worked in two of the world’s top strategy and technology consulting firms, served on the board of the award-winning Washington, D.C. chapter of Net Impact, lent his leadership development expertise to the early-stage social entrepreneurs of the Halcyon Incubator in Washington, D.C., and most recently spent almost 2-years in a high-growth Silicon Valley start-up, BetterUp.
Chad spent nearly two decades in the fast-paced, performance-driven business culture of two of the “Big Four” global consulting firms – Deloitte Consulting and BearingPoint, rising to senior manager at Deloitte and took those skills to Silicon Valley to work in a high-growth startup, that grew 300% in 2018 and raised over $150M in funding. Chad previously worked with a boutique international development firm, Management Systems International. He has worked with leaders in various Fortune 100 & 500 organizations and non-profit and government organizations such as the Department of State, USAID, the World Bank, the American Red Cross, the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense, the United States Navy, the United States Army, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Department of Labor, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Chad graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, with a focus on international relations. He also took consulting and leadership courses at Yale School of Management and Deloitte University.
Chad learned to become a proven trusted advisor and leader dedicated to problem-solving and customer success. The demanding culture of consulting taught him what it meant to be a leader and the importance of understanding the strategic, operational, technological, and human capital components of organizational improvement. He focused on using strategic frameworks, technological innovation fueled by data-driven decision making, and talent/leadership development to drive business transformation, performance, and growth at the organizational, team, and individual levels. After seeing that people and leadership were at the heart of strongly led organizations and cultures he spent nearly two years obtaining his Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) and International Coach Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC) certifications. Some of Chad’s high-level accomplishments include:
- Coached or consulted senior leaders in entrepreneurial, commercial, public, and non-profit sectors
- A strong track record of leading, driving business development and exceeding sales and managed revenue goals in fortune 100/500, startup, non-profit and government environments
- Managed key client account relationships, people development, recruitment, and risk, financial, contractual management
- Successfully built and led high-performing bicoastal, international, and cross-functional teams
- Led the design and facilitation of strategic planning, product innovation, leadership development, requirements gathering, and training workshops
- Improved operations and performance through analytics platforms, project/product management, testing, quality & performance management, process improvement, and IT lifecycle best practices - CMMI, PMBOK
- Designed and executed strategic communications, change management, and knowledge management campaigns
Chad calls Alexandria, VA home with his wife, Rachel, and two children, Alexander and Piper who equally fill up his life with fun adventures and constant growth. When not focused on the family or business, you can usually find him doing one of the below activities:
- Meditating, yoga or gym time early in the morning;
- Listening to a podcast or writing or expressing daily gratitude in his journal;
- Chasing “flow” via an outdoor adventure including skiing, mountain biking, obstacle course racing, trail running, hiking, or kayaking;
- Watching Ted Talks and documentaries;
- Organizing and analyzing an area of life to “optimize”;
- Sampling a new wine or bourbon; and
- Experimenting with cooking a new recipe for family and friends.